Monday, October 28, 2013

A Lesson in Procrastination

I want to start by saying that I had plenty of time to read and review Whom the Princesses Would Destroy this weekend.  The problem was, I knew I had plenty of time, so I kept putting it off.  On Saturday, I said to myself, "I've got nothing planned on Sunday, I'll do it then."  On Sunday morning, I said, "I've got nothing planned this afternoon, I'll do it then."

Then Sunday afternoon came, and I suddenly discovered that I didn't have quite as much free time as I thought I did.  In fact, it wasn't until just a few hours before post time that I got back home, story unread and review un-prepared.  Oops.

Anyway, the moral of the story is: don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today.  A moral which I'm reasonably certain has never been used anywhere else prior to this.  And in that vein, I plan to get started on Princesses tonight and finish the review tomorrow, so that it's ready with time to spare for Wednesday.  And after that, hopefully I can get back to having a one- or two-post buffer.

3 comments:

  1. This is me with just about every project I've ever done, except instead of doing nothing, I'll make up other crap to do so I end up behind on 20 different things instead of just one. That D&D thing I've mentioned? Got a bunch of ideas buzzing 'round the ol' noggin', but not a single page typed (I blame Gary Gygax; he clearly designed those weapons vs. armor tables just to make my life harder). I've also got 4+ hours of music to get through, something like 200 ask blogs to read, and God knows how much fanfiction! I hate being employed :'(

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you're not too busy playing Pokemon to get anything done. :B Okay, I'm not sure if that's necessarily a worse excuse, but it is mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just make sure you mention the tragic back-story of how I saw his talent, plucked him from obscurity and taught him the secrets of villainy, groomed him to take my place at the head of the Evil League of Evil—and then he turned on me.

    Well, turning on me was part of the plan. It's part of the supervillain reproductive cycle. But he went all nice on me. Sends me fruitcake at Christmas. Bleah.

    ReplyDelete