Saturday, December 31, 2011

Anyone Want to Be a Guest Contributor?

Hey, you!  Yes you, the one reading this post!  Have you ever wanted your opinions to appear on a blog visited by literally dozens of people every day?  Well, now's your chance!

As you presumably already know, I've been writing reviews of all the 6-star stories on Equestria Daily, starting with the oldest and working my way forward.  Assuming nothing interrupts my posting schedule, come Friday I'll be 'due' to review The Purloined Pony.  So what's the problem?  Well, I'm the one who wrote that story.  For reasons that should be obvious, I wouldn't feel comfortable or competent to review it myself, but I don't really want to skip over it altogether.  So, I'm looking for someone to do my dirty work for me!  Here's the deal:

If you want to help me out, read my story (linked here) and write a review.  I ask that you use the same format I do for my 6-star reviews (Impressions before reading, Star rating, etc.), and that you do your best to provide an honest, accurate, and spoiler-free review of the story geared towards potential readers.  Send your review to madethisjusttopostponies@gmail.com before 12:00 am on January 6th (US central time), and I'll put it up on the blog.  That's all there is to it!

If no-one submits a review, I'll just skip over my story.  If two people decide to review it, I'll post both.  To be clear, I won't edit or censor anyone's review, so long as they follow the format I've laid out.  Whether you give it five stars or one, I only ask that you make your reasoning clear, and do your best to give potential readers some idea of whether or not they'd enjoy the story.

A bit of fair warning: it's a choose-your-own-adventure, which I'm guessing will make reviewing it a pain in the butt.  Hopefully someone answers the call.  If you have the time and inclination, happy reviewing!

7 comments:

  1. I would love to try my hand at this wonderful thing that you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I was a bit bored, and intrigued by your story, so I wrote a thing. I'll send it over after a re-read, hopefully it'll be publishable ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Out of curiosity, do you have a listed schedule somewhere of upcoming fics?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will give it a shot. Fanfic reviewing is something I've really wanted to get into.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I accept your challenge. It's 12:45 AM where I live and I've got nothing but the sugar from an overindulgence of fudge powering me right now. I don't see where this could go wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Sordid Euphemism:

    For the sake of simplicity (and because it helps me avoid incomplete fics, and because why not), I've been doing the 6-star reviews by date of completion. If you want to see what's coming up, you can just hop on Equestria Daily and do a search for star-6 stories. If you don't want to click the "older posts" link a dozen times, you can go up to the web address and change the bit at the end that says "max-results=20" to a bigger number.

    @ the rest of you:

    Oh my, that's a far better response than I'd hoped for! I've already gotten one review, and it looks like several more could be on the way. I'll have to figure out what the best way to post everyone's is, if I get more than a couple.

    Thank you all for your offers to help. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Review is in the mail!

    ReplyDelete